Monday, May 14, 2012

HOW IMPORTANT ARE FOCUS GROUPS IN PREPARING YOUR NOVEL FOR PUBLICATION?


 This is "moi"... thanking heavens for completing this last revision of
THE ADVENTURES OF JEWEL CARDWELL, HYDRA'S NEST

These past weeks have been tremendous in respect to preparing my book for publication. First, I went through completing the novel... sat on it for almost one year; then got back to it. After reading "my master piece", it seemed like a totally new novel. So I decided to put together a focus team of people who represent my reader base, essentially from 14 up.

Then, the waiting game began. I sat down incredibly anxious to hear their feedback regarding my new  young adult urban fantasy novel.

When the first phone call came in, I almost passed out...hoping to God the message would not be totally dreadful! Needless to say I was very happy to hear that ALL of my focus team members loved the concept of THE ADVENTURES OF JEWEL CARDWELL, HYDRA'S NEST, the Grimmlyn Series. Of course, there are few recommendations provided which I believed would only help me to entertain my readers better.

I am back to the drawing board shortly....looking forward to putting my pen down on this--so I can move on to the next adventure.

I can't wait to share the whole book with you all... GET READY! And see you soon.

Fumi Hancock

PS:
Don't forget to LIKE ME and subscribe to my facebook:.
http://www.facebook.com/fumihancockgrimmlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment